Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sunshine and Happiness

Today is the third day in a row where the temperature has crept over 80 degrees. In fact, we broke the record for warm temperatures today by 10 degrees. For the last three days, I have basked in the sun on my deck. I don't care that the outdoor furniture is still locked up for 2-3 months. I've thrown myself down on the hard wooden deck and played sun bunny. I'm in shorts and a tank top, my bare feet decorated with purple nail polish.

Last night, we left the windows open. Yes, it was so warm in the house we had to let the heat out. The smell of warm dirt and warmer winds comforted me all night.

For people who live in perpetual warm temperatures, I'm sure this is no big deal. But I live in Massachusetts, where the temperature should be high 40's this time of year, and still dipping into the freezing zone at night. There should be snow on the ground and a bite in the air.

You'll hear no complaints from me over this bizarre and desperately needed weather. I'm not a fan of winter despite growing up in northern New England. Winter makes me sad. But the last three days have renewed me. I feel like I can tackle things again. I feel like I can get my feet back under me. And that's a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment