Saturday, April 14, 2012

An Open Letter to Politicians - What's Important to Women

Dear Mr. Candidate Hoping to Make Decisions for Me -

As a woman, I feel it's my duty to point out to you what is important to me when it comes to making my world a better place.

1. My Uterus.
Please understand, it belongs to me. What I choose to do with it is no one's business by my own. In fact, I think I have more right to make decisions about it than you do your penis, since my parts are inside my body and yours hang out there dangling about for anyone to use. I think that any man who believes they have the right to force me to insert a large phallus shaped camera into my vagina before making a choice that affects my entire life, should have to do the following: (a) spend a month having someone you care about working said phallus shaped object in your rectum, at least once every day, while telling you they love you (b) at the end of that month, visit a doctor who does an exam with another tool that stretches you while they insert various things inside and examine you (c) spend the next three months finding every food you like reduces you to vomiting violently, wear one of those "maternity suits" that gradually adds padding and weight, endure more phallus shaped insertions -- I'd continue, but the truth is you'd never make it beyond that initial three months. You would be crying for your mommy.

Maybe we should make men who want to have sex visit a doctor and have their penis examined in some equally torturous way -- or maybe they should have to sit through the annual exam of a woman they love. I don't know for sure, but I'd bet that would change a few minds.

It takes a lot of trust in someone being a woman. You have no idea. And I have never been so glad that my uterus is now retired from the baby making phase.

2. What You Believe In.
Seriously. What do you believe in? And I'm not talking your political party's opinion. What do you, as a person, believe in? Because I think this country is in need of a new political system. Democrats, Republicans - who gives a shit?! We've grown too large for a two party system. It doesn't work anymore.   And the Electoral College? It's crap. First, we need to toss all of the republicans and democrats out of office and elect people who are willing to improve this country. Second, we need to toss the electoral college and let EVERY vote from every citizen make the decision as to who gets to run things. I'm not voting for anyone who touts the party line. I don't care about what your political party wants or believes. I care what you believe. If you want my vote, start talking for real. Grow some balls and be yourself.

Hey, that's kind of funny, isn't it? You're swinging your dick around telling me what I can do with my uterus and you don't have the balls to do anything without some other guys holding your dick. Damn.

3. My Kid's Future.
We need an overhaul of our education system. It's failing. Do you realize our kids learn the same thing year after year? For instance, the eco system. Do you know they learn the eco system 3-4 times in detail from 1st grade to 12th grade? They spend years on it. The only thing that changes is the terminology used. Why can't they just learn it with the proper terms from the start? Kids aren't stupid. We treat them like they are. We don't give their brains credit. We should have people studying how other countries that are excelling structure their learning. There's a reason we're falling behind. And our kids are suffering because of it.

If we changed our education system to encompass learning languages, sciences, proper math and technology from 1st grade, by the time they hit high school, they could be learning at a college level. Its no wonder they're bored and lack motivation. Our schools are dull, monotonous places that only care if our kids can pass tests designed to show that they're learning. They teach kids assuming they're too stupid to grasp concepts at a complex level. That's selling them short.

Stop selling our kids short and teach them what's important. (And ancient history, while important, is not 12 years repeating the same information over and over important.)

4. The Environment.
Come on. If you wanted to, you could have this country switched over to alternate powers in no time. Why don't we have more windmill farms? Those turbines rock. Why aren't we all driving electrical cars? The technology has been around forever. Let's stop tearing this world apart by drilling and mining and put our people to work on technologies that will keep this world healthy? We have the knowledge. Why aren't we using it?

So who out there is going to get my vote? Because right now, none of you are looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment