Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Post Just to Post

I promised myself this blog would get a post a day. I've already blown that promise. But that doesn't mean I'm going to skip it today just because I'm tired and can't think of anything interesting to talk about. Nobody but me is reading it anyway, so who gives a shit?

Today I bought a new couch. We've been living with this old couch long past its life expectancy. Why? Because money is an issue. By that I mean that given the choice between buying something that would make me happy and something that would make kiddo happy, I choose kiddo every time. So, we've been sitting on a couch that's disintegrating before my very eyes. There's rips in the fabric, the springs are gone (I'm stuck sitting on a spring that protrudes up into my left ass cheek in a most unpleasant way) and it smells like wet dog funk.

Shopping for anything is an adventure for us. How long can kiddo endure it? How difficult is it going to be to even get him to go with us? Can we leave him home? Will he be okay? You would think with a teenager this wouldn't be an issue, but it is. It's becoming less of an issue as he gets older, but its still an issue.

The couch needs to go.

Today, I decided it was time to spend money on something that we both could appreciate. So, I got him and hubs in the car (together, no less) and we went to the furniture store where we spent 2 hours sitting on couch after couch until we all could agree on one. It's a very nice Broyhill couch in a chocolate brown fabric with gold and red undertones, and it comes with 2 pillows in a swirly-fleur-de-lis pattern in emerald, red and gold. Yes, I have to wait 5-8 weeks for it, but I can wait. After all, this one was supposed to be replaced after the Great House Flood of 2002 (don't ask) because it was sitting in water 4 inches deep.

I guess, if you consider it, I've made kiddo happy as well with my purchase since we've both taken to sitting on the floor. It's way more comfortable than the present couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment