Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm slightly self destructive, but...

sometimes that works out for me...

With my life in such turmoil and feeling trapped in it, I broke down and did something completely radical. First, I took scissors to my hair, which is normally a little past shoulder length. I cut it. A lot. Myself.

No, I'm not a hairdresser. (But I have been trimming my own hair for years.)

I gave myself a short, layered do that came out quite nice. And then I totally lost it....

Because my hair is blonde. Well, it WAS blonde. It's been blonde for most of my life. It was a pale blonde when I was a kid that became a more muddy blonde over the years. When I was in my late teens, I began lightening it to a pale golden blond. And that's how its stayed for YEARS.

I dyed it. Dark golden brown. DARK golden brown. It's a RADICAL change. Mixed with my hairstyle change, it's a SHOCKING change. And I LIKE IT!!!!!!

It looks pretty. Different, but pretty. (I'd planned on hating it. Hah. I fooled myself.) I might even go darker next time around. (Although, I would really like pink hair.... hmmmm...)

No comments:

Post a Comment