Friday, February 24, 2012

Stealing Kittens and Weird Dreams??

I have no idea what this means, but the last couple of nights I've had a repeating dream. In it, I live in a trailer on an overgrown lot. Across the street from me is a weathered gray house with an enclosed porch, also on an overgrown lot. It has a stone wall out front. We seem to be at the end of a cul-de-sac. The owner of this house, a woman in her late 20's or early 30's, is slightly chunky and dressed in jeans and a plum colored long-sleeve tee shirt. She has long brown hair. I know I don't like her.

She has cats. Lots of cats. There are cats everywhere. And there are kittens that keep running out into the street. I'm desperately worried that something bad is going to happen to these kittens. We have several arguments about the kittens getting run over. She's not worried about it, but I am. (This is one whackadoo dream, hunh?) So, I sneak over to her yard during the night and steal a cute little orange tabby kitten.

I stuff it in a carry case and take it back to my house. The next day she shows up at my door with her two kids - a boy, maybe 8 years old, shaggy brown hair; and a girl, maybe 6, with pony tails and a pretty little cotton dress). They're looking for their kitten. The little girl is crying, but I know its fake. The woman accuses me of stealing the kitten and says she knows I'm hiding it in my house. I am. I have it hidden in my secret attic (Yeah, I dunno. Just weird.) I tell the kids how sorry I am their kitten is missing, tell the mother she ought to take better care of her animals and shut the door on them.

Next thing I know, the cops are showing up at the door. Again, I lie to them and tell them I don't have the kitten. They come in and search the place with guns drawn, but don't find it. And they leave after threatening me to return it if I have it. Once I'm sure they're gone, I take the kitten out of the attic and hug it while I watch the police talk to the woman and her kids from my window. And then I wake up.

What the ever living fuck does this dream mean???!! So strange....

No comments:

Post a Comment